WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HEMP AND MARIJUANA?
While hemp and marijuana both belong to the plant species Cannabis sativa, they are completely different cultivars with unique properties. Hemp is historically known as a sustainable source for paper, textiles, building materials and much more, and marijuana is highly sought for its medicinal properties. And while marijuana is packed with the psychoactive cannabinoid, THC, which provides the infamous “high,” hemp has only trace amounts of THC and is abundant in other cannabinoids, including CBD, the many benefits of which science is just beginning to uncover.
WHAT IS CBD?
CBD stands for cannabidiol, one of more than 100 unique cannabinoid compounds found in the hemp plant. Closely related to the marijuana plant, hemp belongs to the same species known as Cannabis sativa, but it is non-psychoactive – meaning you get all the benefits without the “high.”
WHERE DOES CBD COME FROM?
CBD comes from the hemp plant, which by definition is a Cannabis sativa plant that contains less than .3% of the cannabinoid THC (dry weight) but contains an abundance of the cannabinoid cannabidiol (CBD). Hemp is a crop that is also known for its diverse uses. Hemp seed oil can be used for cooking, and the plant’s strong fiber can be processed into paper, clothing, and building material.
WHAT IS CBD BROAD SPECTRUM?
Broad-spectrum CBD contains all the hemp plant’s phytochemicals, except for THC, which is removed during extraction. Broad-spectrum CBD produces something called the entourage effect, whereby the extracted compounds may work in unison to intensify the benefits provided by each individual phytochemical.
HOW IS BROAD SPECTRUM MADE?
Broad-spectrum CBD can be made in one of two ways: One way is to begin with CBD isolate and add other cannabinoids (but not THC) as well as terpenes and flavonoids. The second way to make broad-spectrum CBD is to remove all THC from a full-spectrum extract, including the permitted .3%, so that no THC remains, not even a trace.
WILL THE HEAT OF COOKING ALTER CBD OR HEMP OIL?
CBD has a boiling point of between 320 and 356 degrees Fahrenheit, and heating to this temperature can reduce potency.
WHAT IS WATER-SOLUBLE CBD AND HOW IS IT MADE?
Cannabinoids are naturally oily substances, and as oil and water don’t mix, CBD is not water-soluble. This affects the uptake of CBD in the body and diminishes the effectiveness of the CBD administered. With oils it can be difficult to predict the absorption rate. Water-soluble compounds, on the other hand, dissolve completely in liquids and have superior bioavailability. Making CBD water-soluble may result in maximum effectiveness and predictable results. CBD is made water-soluble or more technically water-compatible when it is formulated as micro- or nano-emulsions.
WHAT IS A COA (CERTIFICATE OF ANALYSIS)?
A standard Certificate of Analysis is a document issued to a consumer that authenticates the laboratory test on the product purchased, including batch number, testing date, and potency, demonstrated by the percentage of cannabinoids and terpenes present in the batch.
ARE YOUR PRODUCTS NON-GMO?
YES. Our products are non-GMO and DO NOT contain GMO or recombinant DNA material. All formulating agents are also non-GMO in origin. We maintain a strict policy of using no GMO products whatsoever.
ARE YOUR PRODUCTS LEGAL AND SAFE FROM CONTAMINANTS?
We confirm that our cannabidiol (CBD) extract is obtained 100% from 2018 U.S. Federal Farm Bill Compliant industrial hemp. Third-party, external laboratories regularly test our products, and we offer a Certificate of Analysis (COA) on every product we manufacture to authenticate what is in our products.
HOW IS THE CBD IN THE PRODUCT PROCESSED?
Depending on the product, we use either CO2 extraction, the method widely accepted as the most advanced extraction method for CBD, or cold ethanol extraction, which consistently produces potent botanical extractions.
WILL I PASS A DRUG TEST ON ALL G PRODUCTS?
Drug tests are designed to identify the presence of THC, and as long as you’ve purchased CBD products that have been processed from hemp plants, you have no reason to worry about testing positive for THC. To be considered a hemp plant, the plant must contain less than .3% THC (dry weight measurement). This negligible amount of THC is not enough for you to test positive for THC. However, you must be careful when purchasing your CBD products, as some sellers are not as reputable as ALL G, and they may say their products are hemp-derived when they may not be. This is why it is important to make sure your CBD products come with a Certificate of Analysis, so you know exactly what’s in your product and what’s not. ALL G offers a Certificate of Analysis on every product it sells.
How to know your CBD cream is authentic?
There are several things you want to look for so you can be confident that the CBD cream you buy contains what the label claims it does. Incorrect labeling misleads consumers, and depending on what a company may misrepresent, the practices may be illegal, e.g., stating a product contains the legal limit of <.3% THC when it actually contains more. This can lead to unsuspecting purchasers ingesting more or less CBD than they believed the product contained or ingesting ingredients nobody wants, like chemicals, solvents, and pesticides. To be sure of what your CBD contains, look for a CBD company that is forthright with their ingredients and manufacturing practices, like ALL G, who promises the following:
• A Certificate of Analysis (COA) for every product that explains exactly what’s in your product and what’s not.
• All-natural, GMO-free, gluten-free, and non-psychoactive CBD that comes from 100% legal U.S. industrial hemp grown on family farms.
• Superior subcritical CO2 extraction used on all its products along with liquid CO2 that delicately separates the chosen cannabinoids and terpenes, without remaining solvents.
• Product descriptions that include the amount of CBD milligrams in each product.
How to choose quality CBD edibles?
Because recent studies discovered erroneous labeling of upwards of 70% of CBD products (sometimes even indicating a lower CBD efficacy than the label indicates), it’s important to do your research on the company you purchase your CBD from. Things like offering a Certificate of Analysis with all purchases, using only 100% legally grown U.S hemp, and employing superior manufacturing methods that deliver a pure product without solvents are what ALL G promises on all products and are important standards buyers should not compromise on.
How to choose which CBD shot works best for you?
For work or play, these three CBD focus shots are the all-natural choice:
• Trader’s Edge is designed for day traders who need to make sound decisions in a split-second when large amounts of money are on the line. In a career where one bad move can knock you off your game and plunge you into a blue funk of remorse, ALL G’s Trader’s Edge Focus Shot is a proprietary blend of CBD, herbs, B vitamins, and green tea caffeine, for an all-natural energy choice.
• Gamer’s Edge: where one wrong move can take you out or wipe your entire team, there’s no time for hesitating or second guessing—timing is key. Gamer’s Edge includes an all-natural proprietary blend of CBD, herbs, and vitamins as well as green tea caffeine to promote energy and concentration so you can keep your head in the game.
• Golfer’s Edge is designed with green tea caffeine, so you can focus on the fairway. Does this scenario sound familiar? Last game, after leading in triple bogeys, you’re energy flattened along with your confidence. Wouldn’t you rather golf strong and go long? Golfer’s Edge provides you with the all-natural benefits of CBD, herbs, amino acids, and vitamins.
How to know your CBD pain relief comes from a reputable seller?
It’s important that your product is made from solvent-free, quality hemp that is tested to ensure purity. A recent study reported rampant incidents of inconsistent CBD labeling, revealing many brands either over-labeled or under-labeled what was in their products. But every one of ALL G’s CBD products offers traceability and promises the following.
• Third-party testing on every product batch with a Certificate of Analysis (COA).
• Products made from 100% U.S.A., legally-grown industrial hemp that is all-natural, GMO-free, gluten-free, and non-psychoactive.
• Superior subcritical CO2 extraction, instead of ethanol, and the use of liquid CO2 to gently isolate the selected cannabinoids and terpenes, so products contain no residual solvents.
• Product descriptions that list the amount of CBD and whether the product is full-spectrum CBD, broad-spectrum CBD, or isolate so that you’re certain of what you’re buying.
How often can I use CBD for pain relief?
There is no limit on how many times you can apply CBD pain relief products to your skin. You cannot overdose on CBD, and using CBD is not addictive.
How do I know how much CBD to give my pet?
Reputable CBD companies will always print serving sizes on the package label. ALL G’s label instructions call for a serving size of 10mg per 20 pounds of pet weight and can be given 3 times a day.
Will my dog get high from CBD pet products?
No. Even with full-spectrum CBD products, there is not enough THC to produce a psychoactive reaction. CBD products are not derived from marijuana plants, but from hemp plants, which by law have a THC percentage of <.3%.